The Inspiring Blogger Award rules are as follows:
The nominated user must give a link back to the person who nominated them.
Provide 11 facts about yourself.
Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions.
Thank you Meredith for choosing me as a nominee for the VIB award.
My answers and explanations to Meredith’s questions are as follows:
1. What 3 items would you want if you were marooned on a desert island?
Drinking water- to survive
A torch- to keep any creatures away and to find my way at night
A blanket to keep the cold at night away and keep sand storm away.
2. What or who, or both inspires you?
Books and my kids inspire me a lot.
3. What book/s are you reading?
A. Shantaram- by Gregory David Roberts
B. One Shot- by Lee Child
C. The Immortals of Meluha- by Amish Tripathi
D. Key of Valour- by Nora Roberts
I always keep 3 to 4 books going at the same time. I like the stimulation each could give.
4. What dream place would you choose to live?
A mountain top.. any mountain.
5. What word do you hate?
The word ” hate”.
6. When did you start blogging, and of course why?
I started in 2012. I wanted to share my thoughts and feelings with others and of course to learn from others by being in touch with them through blogs. To be honest I have not blogged much and neither have I interacted since then. The writing 101 gives me a conpulsion to blog.
7. What is your go to food; eat to live, live to eat?
I LIVE TO EAT.
8. What’s on your bucket list (on paper or in your mind) that you’ve already accomplished?
Nothing to mention so far. All my writings are half done. I am working on a novel, a set of personal memoirs both in prose and poetry and Haikus. Hope to finish in about a year before attempting to publish them.
9. If you could choose anyone to be your mentor, dead or alive, who would it be?
I would like to have my father as my mentor. He is no more.
10. Tell us your most embarrassing moment.
When I was admonished for something trivial in front of all my friends and relatives when I was 25.
11. Tell us your proudest moment.
When I was felicitated as a best teacher in Nairobi , Kenya by my colleagues at school.
11 facts about me are:
1. A teacher
2. Proud mother of two kids
3. Met people across continents(3- America, Africa and Asia) and have known all to be “human”
4. Chocolates are my weakness
5. I cannot say ‘no’ to anyone.
6. Coffee- my favourite drink
7. Believe in happily ever after stories.
8. I pray only for others… never asked anything for me
9. Dream of becoming a successful writer
10. I am fat , but wish to have a magic pottion to get slim
11. 48 years old, but feel like 18.
The other 11 bloggers whom I nominate are
1. Jackie Dana at
2. Steve at
4. Meredith at http://meredithlbl.com/
5. Luccia Gray at http://lucciagray.wordpress.com/
6.KR Jefferson at http://krjefferson.wordpress.com/
7. Kat at http://katcarpita.wordpress.com/
10. Just Deb at http://getoutamyhead.com/?page_id=1
11.wantaps at http://waxyworld.wordpress.com/
My 11 questions to the nominees are
1. What is writing to you?
2. What is the 1 thing you woukd like to gift yourself on your birthday?
3. Which is the place you would like to visit before you die?
4. What 1 item you would like to buy if you had a 100 million USD as gift?
5. What is happiness according to you?
6. Do you think having a child equals to all treasures in life?
7. What is most important thing all must possess in life?
8. What according to you is the best gift a parent can buy his/ her child?
9. Who has changed your life and gave a perapective worthy of praise?
10. Which place on earth is your dream destination?
11. What one advice you would give to all writers/ bloggers?